[3830] WPX SSB PR2R(@PY2ERA) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 17:04:26 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: PR2R
Operator(s): PU2OQB PY2YYZ PY2ZEA
Station: PY2ERA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GG68ct

   10: 1299

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

PR2R is a special contest call for our club station PY2ERA.
Our club's name is "Casa do Radioamador de Ribeirão Preto" (CRRP).

The QTH is situated in the urban area of our city Ribeirão Preto.
We have a nice club house but very limited possibilities (so far...)
to put up many antennas.

All QSOs in WPX were on 10, even if there is a no SB category in M/S
The reasons for this were:
   - 10 meters is a daytime band, and were needed to have time for family,
     and sleep well, etc.
   - 10 meters has a much better antenna than any other bands

The rig: Yaesu FT-1000 MP + a linear amp 1 kW PEP
The ant: 5 el. CB yagi up 8 meters, tuned on 27.5 MHz
         but ok on 28 MHz with a tuner

Even with our limitations, were enjoyed the good propagation on 10,
and had a feeling of being a "big gun"  - able to run pileups.
We penetrated even down to the deep layers of the callers,
who sometimes commented:

 - what country is PR, is it Puerto Rico ?
 - I don't now where in the World you are but you are 59++ anyway,
 - I'm a ham for 20 years but you are my first Brazil
 - thanks, you are 59 Texas, etc...

TNX for QSOs, until the next one,

73! the PR2R team