[3830] WPX SSB HQ2E(DM5EE) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 28 01:09:37 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: HQ2E
Operator(s): DM5EE
Station: HQ2E

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EK55xl

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting contest from the club station of the Radio Club de Honduras in San
Pedro Sula, activity nested into a family vacation on the beautiful Islas Bahia
(HR9). High line noise levels, the immediate vicinity to a major arterial road
and mountains in all westerly directions up to W6/W7 did not make things easy,
nor did a cold that I caught. I found it more difficult than expected to develop
and maintain a run at 100W and am grateful to everyone who spotted me. Seems
like ever fewer people use that big dial on the faceplate of their radios.

The solar storm impacted conditions quite a bit, only 14% EU on the first day
compared to 40% on the second day. Still made it to a new Low Power record for
Honduras which had previously been set at 2.2M. Many thanks to David HR2DDL from
the Honduran Radio Club for hosting me and arranging for the licenses!
Confirmations via LotW and M0OXO for paper QSLs.

Equipment: IC-7300, 2ele 40m and TH7DX on a 50ft tower, DXlog