[3830] CWopsT NH6O Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 30 08:52:44 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Mar 30

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI

Total:   6  Mults = 4  Total Score = 24

Park portable - Elecraft KX3, 71-foot end-fed wire in tree.

Got started late - errands and traffic delayed me, and I had not expected the
weather to cooperate - there was a 75% chance of rain all day that mostly stayed
away. I experimented with a longer wire draped in a 35-foot tree, but it was too
low/horizontal for DX and a hindrance. Beyond Hawaii, I only managed BC and
Alaska on 20m.

I missed the early action on 20m, which usually gives me the bulk of 3z QSO's.
Also noticed on my first QSO that I had not changed my log info from the SST I
tried on Sunday/Monday, and Stan AH6KO and I were both surprised that I had sent
my state instead of CWops number! Oops...

Nice to catch 2-banders with AH6KO and AH7RF.

Hope all had fun, and I'll try again next week, weather permitting.

Aloha and 73/72, Bob in Honolulu