[3830] WPX SSB E70Y SOSB40 TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 31 04:53:35 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: E70Y
Operator(s): E70Y
Station: E70Y

Class: SOSB40 LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: ŽZH
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: ZRHB

Comments:

I had big plans to prepare for WPX SSB lineup for score high in the end. After
analyzing the logs from before, made an exact plan of what and how, and how to
react if it doesn't work. Given the few days of the week before, expected a lot.
But, but, but something similar to last year for the CW part, the storm monster
G4 appeared, A and K index was high. I give up from contest location and stay at
home,  automated the setup because I know that my girls would go crazy if I made
too much noise :). Contest on 40m is always difficult, but SSB in these
conditions will be very difficult. Crossed from my mind, you are good in these
conditions, you have a chance for good score. The contest begins. First hour, 10
Qs S/P, no one copy my LP and wire. Maybe does it make sense to continue on 40m.
I'm gambling, taking a big break with the idea of taking as many breaks as
possible on Saturday so that I have more time to work on Sunday because I
expected the storm to calm down. During Saturday, I even considered switching to
ALL, but persistence paid off. In the end, good decision, have a good result. I
can't wait for the CW part, hopefully with couple antenna fully installed. 73
Marin