[3830] WPX SSB PJ4R(KK9A) SOAB Unassisted Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 31 20:00:02 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: PJ4R
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: PJ4G

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: Bonaire

   15: 1303
   10: 1514

My wife and I were in Bonaire during the WPX Phone contest. It is a diver’s
paradise and we had a fantastic time scuba diving the beautiful reefs which are
just off shore. We visited the Washington-Slagbaai National Park for the first
time. The park has pretty rough roads which took hours to drive through but the
scenery was beautiful and it had a great snorkeling spot. I added a few new
photos to https://www.qrz.com/db/pj4r . For the contest I operated the 24 hour
classic overlay. This fit well with my very simple single radio setup, I had no
interest in using the spotting network and it allowed me more time for other
activities while on the island. I had no real operating plan, my only goal was
to have fun. My average rate was 170 QSOs per hour so I definitely had fun! In
hindsight, I wish that I had left a few more hours to operate on Sunday.
Conditions had improved from the geomagnetic storm that occurred just before the
contest and I ran out of op time during a great European run on 10m. I would
like to thank everyone for the QSOs. I would also like to thank my QSL manager
Tim, WD9DZV for answering cards and uploading my logs to LoTW, Clublog and
E-QSL.

73,
John KK9A
QSL via WD9DZV