[AMPS] Amplifier Preventive Maintenance

Garry & Yelena ni6t@scruznet.com
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:12:09 -1000

Bill McDowell wrote:

>      It is a little tricky cleaning an amp, but cotton-tipped swabs, pipe
>      cleaners, small artist brushes (long handle), flashlight and, believe
>      it or not, my Toro leaf blower were used in the process.  If you have
>      a better source of compressed air the leaf blower won't be needed!

The Toro might be a bit radical. Canister vacuum cleaners frequently
allow the hose to be connected to the air outlet. Often the outlet has a
damper/filter cap which is removed to access the fitting. Use of the
crevice tool will provide a pretty high velocity air jet.

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC