[AMPS] Re: tombstones, etc.

n4si@pobox.com n4si@pobox.com
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 05:22:42 +0000

> > I still can't stop laughing!
> > Dave N7UE (I hate to think!)
>

> So here lies Dave, N7UE,
> Keyed down his amp,
> The coax was damp,
> And poor Dave went kablooey!

I wasn't going to play here, but you guys started it:

     Our old friend Grommethead Shultz
     Removed all the interlock bolts.
          His amp kept on trying,
          Sending G-S a-flying,
     Proving amperes times ohms equals volts.

Older, more mature readers may recall the incarnation of Mssr. Shultz
at the hands of W9BRD. I had the honor of hearing Mr. Newkirk read
one of my limericks at the W9DXCC convention a couple of years ago. I
won the DX Hoggery and Poetry Deprecation Society contest at that
event.

And lest anyone think of posting more poetry, I have a whole sheaf of
limericks I developed for the contest. As V.I. Lenin once said,
"quantity has a quality all its own."

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996