[AMPS] 4CX15000 Amp.????

Robert W. Stankus RobertW@ewol.com
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:38:09 -0400

To all:
What is going on here! Amplifiers with tubes that have handles! Come on
now..lets level the playing field.
There is no need to ever think of running that kind of power on our
amateur bands.
Breakinmg pileups does not mean "brute force". The key elements are,
Skill, Timing and antennas.
I am about ready to ask my Washington Communications attorney to draw
up an NPRM (Notice for Proposed Rule Makimg) to limit the power levels
by restricting the tubes we use. No tube or tubes shall be used in any
RF amp.that has a total plate dissipation rating not to exceed 1500
watts.
I am sure a lot of flack is about to fly as many manufacturers will
stage a revolt.
If this were to be adopted, it will help stem the tide of "super power"
amps and put things back into perspective.
Now to find the funds to "police" it !
Think about it ....it makes sense and it will make it easier to cope
with the new regs. regarding radiation that go into effect, January '98.

Regards,
Bob - K4NV
RobertW@ewol.com