[AMPS] Horsefeathers

Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:29:33 EDT

All this rhetoric about 1500W rules, dissapation, etc.  is getting out of
control. Since this reflector is international in scope lets stick to
technical issues, not some bureaucrats  ideas to continue the
emasculation of American society.

Personally, I would rather be on the band next to someone running a clean
3CX3000A7 at 5KW out than some moron trying for 1200W out of a pair of
IMD generating 4CX250's, 813's or some other obsolete hunk of garbage.

But I also like big V-8's, 4 barrel Holley carbs, Hi-rise Edlebrock
manifolds, etc. Spark retard fanatics can continue with their EPA sucking
philosophy and stay out of my lane on the Interstate. Just like I stay
out of the horsepower races on the bands.

If I couldnt work P5  or any other new one in the first day with my 1200W
I would give up radio. It seems to this old grouch that for every 3dB of
power increase over whatever passes for a "legal limit" the operators
skills decrease by 5dB anyway....so "where's the beef" ?

Back into the kitchen....I blew my alloted time here for today.

73...Carl  KM1H