[AMPS] Single band amp construction query

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Tue, 22 Apr 97 12:49:52 -0800

>Chad Kurszewski WE9V wrote:
>>
>> >If one actually did build these amps with one common power supply
...snip...
>> We have tried this, with two major requirements:
>>
>> 1)  No HV present without filament voltage, both turn on and turn off.
>> 2)  No requirement to have all RF decks on at once.
>>
>> We ordered large Dahl XFMRs to handle double the current and tried using
>> 2 RF decks per supply.  With the above requirements, the solution I came up
>> with was to have the RF deck control a Jennings RJ-1 HV vacuum relay to
>> switch the HV to the deck.
According to Jennings, the (copper-contacts) RJ-1A is not designed to
switch DC.  However, Jennings makes a tungsten-contacts version, the
RJ-1H, that is designed to hotswitch DC.  ...... Which version were you
using, Chad.

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K