[AMPS] Single band amp

Frank Donovan donovanf@sgate.com
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:11:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rich!

Yes, I've been using one large HV PS (4KV @ 6+ amps) for six mono-band
3-1000Z amplifiers for the last 25 years.  I've NEVER had an amplifier
problem tracable to this setup.  I also have no HV switching, the HV feeds
all six amplifiers all of the time.  During multi-multi contests all six
amplifiers are powered up, but during casual operation only a one or two
amplifiers have filament voltage applied.  I also routinely apply or
remove filament voltage without regard to the presence of the high
voltage.  I'm still using all of the original 3-1000Z tubes, so this does
work!

73
Frank
W3LPL