[AMPS] Type-accept ?

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

At 05:05 PM 4/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 04:37 PM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>The IMD and purity standard is why Mirage and others never did bring a solid
>>state model to market.
>
>How about Metron, Henry, (SS-750), Icom (IC-2KL, IC4-KL) Ten-Tec,
Ameritron, >Yaesu, and even Allen Bond's kits? All these, many of which I
own/have owned >easily meet all the type acceptance requirements, and then
some! A lot of >folks have been scared off from the "brick-type" amps by
their power supply >requirements. My new Henry SS-750 puts a clean 1000
watts into the antenna >powered by a deep-cycle marine battery and a 15 amp
charger! Total investment >was less than $1200.

I agree these are on the market, but none are 1.5KW output..

Dave K4JRB