[AMPS] No Code

Robert W. Stankus RobertW@ewol.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:15:35 -0400

To All:
I realize this is the amps. reflector but as my good friend said a few
hours ago, we as amateurs face a most critical period in our history.
You must and I repeat...you must let your directors know your feelings
about "No Code." I believe the fact that we all passed a code exam at
either 5,13 and 20 WPM is our way of saying..we met the criteria for
obtaining a ham license.
The ARRL powers to be seem to think this will be the thing that will
save the hobby! Making it easier to get in, simply allows our doors to
open to those individuals who lack the desire and ability to master all
the requirements.
We all remember what happened when 11 meters was taken away from us!
Let us not have a repeat performance.
Most directors have a E-Mail address, and before the July meeting, let
us band together and make a pledge to send one E-Mail message a day to
every ARRL official asking them to keep the code requirement.
If the future of our hobby is to be preserved, a mere 5 minutes a day
getting a message out will certainly wake them up!
I am going to do it now...and I hope others follow, It is a must!

Regards,
Bob - K4NV