[AMPS] AL-1500

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 13:06:33 -0600

>I'm not an owner of a 1500 but have used one in a couple of contests. Find
>it a pain to have to worry about the grid trip all the time.
I find this statement a little bit amazing!  I have an AL-1500 and have
preset markings on a 3"x5" Post-It behind each of the main dials.  I have
loaded each band heavily enough so that I can get 1500++ watts out with
the grid needle just barely twitching.  It literally takes me about 3-4
seconds to change bands and set the knobs.  What in the name of all that's
holy are you driving that thing with?  It only takes 60 watts + or - to
get 1500 watts out.  A little care in tuning and establishing the settings
on a Post-It will keep that sort of thing from EVER happening!!!!

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net