[AMPS] parasitic suppressors

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Thu, 11 Dec 97 03:02:22 -0800

>On Wed, 10 Dec 97 15:52:09 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>>>
>... ...   Do the test before you whine about it
>please.

-  1A at 28mHz in #16ga is not significant.

>I suspect that you really do not understand RF

I would not say that 1A at 28mHz in #16ga is a serious source of heat.

... ... ...
>Damped Ringing....is this a new phrase for you....haven't heard that one
>before except maybe in a pre 1940 QST.

When DC current is pulsed through an L-C circuit, damped ringing occurs
at the resonant frequency.  This is how spark transmitters produced RF.
.  .  Damped wave ringing is discussed in the October, 1988 *QST* and
September/October 1990 *QST* articles on intermittent VHF parasitic
oscillations.

>>>Too bad; but that is still just a minor parasite....
>>
>>  no parasite, just damped ringing of an L-C resonant circuit.
>
>Like maybe ding a ling?

Yes.  That's pretty much what it looks like on an oscilloscope.
... ...
>>-   The current path from the alleged anode/grid vanishing-gas arc is
>>not through the bias zener.  However, with a parasitic oscillation, =
>>the fault current path would be through the bias zener.
>

>Hey danceman....Parasitic or RF Bang...same path amigo...comprende??

I comprehend that it is not the same path.  An anode to grounded-grid arc
does not pass through the cathode circuitry.  It passes through the meter
shunts to the negative HV return.
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K