[AMPS] Plate Choke

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 08:25:13 -0600

This is not exactly along the lines of this reflector but I
know the expertise is certainly here, hence the following:

I am in hopes that someone here can offer me some direction on
how to wind a plate choke (gauge wire, no. of turns, diameter
of wood dowel)  for a tube that will pull about 200 ma. at less
than 1200 volts.  The choke needs to be suitable for 160/80/40
meters.  I don't anticipate using it at any higher frequency.

It is for a Hartley and frequency stability is of paramount
importance.  Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Thank you,

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net