[AMPS] parasitic suppressors

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 12 Dec 97 08:36:02 -0800

>I also think that one can safely assume that Eimac determined by TEST,
>not a paper assumption based on other unrelated tube specs
>that a 50 volt >5 Joule arc in a 3-500Z or 8877 will cause permanent
>damage to the small wires in the grid and cathode elements. ... ...

There are no smallish wires in the the grid of an 8877.  There are 100+
rectangular bars.  At Eimac's maximum ratings of 4000v and 250MHz, the
grid of an 8877 carries over 40 RMS amperes.  //   There are no small
wires in the 8877 cathode element.
... ...

>>>Huh?   Are you saying that if there is a legitimate reason to question a
>>>statement that we should suspend our skepticism and accept it at face value
>>>because it was made on the letterhead of a major tube manufacturer????
>>
>>Amen, Bob.  In one breath, the naysayers cite Eimac's lengthy production
>>of defective 8877s, and in the next breath they say not to question
>>statements on Eimac stationary -- even though such statements may not
>>have been made by a tube engineer.
>
>I have found that it is prudent to question EVERY statement one reads,
>regardless of its source. There are too many "used car salesmen" in our
>industry these days....

Amen, Phil.

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K