[AMPS] HV Wire/retubing Henry 2K

Steve Bookout sbookout@mnsinc.com
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 18:55:18 -0500

Don't know how many will agree with me, but for years I have used
automotive ignition wire for my HV stuff.  I use the 7 or 8 MM SOLID core
wire.  Years ago I bought a 100 foot spool and am still using it.

It's good for 30 or 40 KV or some high number.  Obviously, still use every
safety precaution you can think of.

Works well with the Millen HV connectors recently mentioned here on the
reflector.

73 de Steve, NJ4F

At 12:31 PM 12/28/97 -1000, KB8JLV@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. First of all I
>need some hi voltage wire for a henry 2K I am reworking. I need 15 feet
>or so. Do you know of a mail order source for this? Secondly I am
>retubing the amp. It came with 3-400z tubes in it. Can I replace these
>with 3-500z tubes from amperex without modifying the amp?. I'm using
>them because I already have a spare set. They will fit in the cabinet. I
>also need the connectors for the top of the 3-500z tubes. stan
>
>--

Steve Bookout, NJ4F
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander