[AMPS] New 3-500Z

Ken Anderson k6pu@volcano.net
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:15:54 -0800

I can't comment on the quality of current production Amperex tubes.
But, I have a pair manufactured in the late 60's in a HB version of a
Henry 3K.  These tubes have thousands of hours of serious
contesting and DXing on them without a failure.  N6RO did manage to
blow a plate choke and a spider blew a bypass cap but no tube
problems.

The word when I built the amplifier was use a lot of air on the tubes.
I run chimneys and a pressurized lower chassis with an
oversize blower.

Ken, K6PU