[AMPS] re:4-250A

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:28:48 +0000

> From:          Peter Chadwick <Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com>
> Date:          Fri, 18 Jul 97 15:37:00 +0000

> Rich comments;
>
> >I agree that you do indeed have RF negative feedback.  I do not agree
> >that grid current decreases distortion in any grid-driven
> configuration.
> >Rich---
>
> Rich, there's a body of opinion that doesn't agree with you. For

Add me to that body.

During many IMD tests (I make one IMD test per week on an average
work week) I've found IMD performance can improve, stay the same, or
get worse with a change from AB1 to AB2.

Some will tell you "all grid current is bad", but their conclusions
are more like "it happened to me once in an over the air report with
one PA so it must apply in every case" than factually correct.

Peter appears to have a very good understanding of IMD.

73, Tom W8JI