[AMPS] 3CX2500

Johnny Johansen johnnyj@stud.ntnu.no
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 12:58:43 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi group,

Me and my mates at the LA8G club stn have got our hands on a brand new
3CX2500 F3 / 8251.

We wonder if any of you have any experience with this tube..? Any
constructions available..?

Our intention is to build a rugged 2kW output amp for HF contesting,
particularly the lowbands are interesting.

As this tube have HV supply max ratings 6kV/2.5A, our wishes should be
possible to achieve..!

Previously we have built 2x3-500 and 4CX1500, but would like to know a
bit more about the 8251 before getting to work...

Have all the neccessary spares on the shelf, HV xfmr will be wound by
proffesionals from our own specifications, so:

Any experiences?

Johnny LA5IIA