[AMPS] Temp of exhaust

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:18:21 +0000

> I am using a 3CX1200A7 and I wonder if anyone knows the safe operating
> temps of this tube at idle and under load.  I have a Fluke temp meter
> that is accurate and shows 120f at idle and 230f at 1.5-2k output into
> a load.  Any comments
>
> Randy

The exhaust temperature has nothing to do with the tube temperature
Randy.

The seals are rated at 250 degrees C maximum.

That could occur with 0 degree air temp on the exhaust of a PA,
or 500 degrees C. You are too far downstream to estimate the seal
temps.

What you need to measure are the seals, and I would use a
temperature indicating crayon or paint to do so. The Fuke would
 be a shock hazard.

73, Tom W8JI