[AMPS] Re: 4-250A

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:09:15 EDT

On Tue, 22 Jul 97 18:01:16 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>>>...snip,,,

>>>triode
>>

>>>Yes, it's true, Carl, but grid-driven service can be Class C.  We
>were
>>>discussing LINEAR amplification.  Class C isn't.
>>
>>Are you smoking something funny out there Rich? When did I mention
>Class
>>C?
>>Read C&F again BEFORE you let ur fingers walk over the keyboard.
>>73....Carl  KM1H
>
>You are right, Carl, the section subhead on p.72 says 'Linear'.
>
>Please name a suitable triode for Class AB2 grid-driven linear service
>
>and propose an approximate grid current for max. signal conditions.

I guess we can start with the 75TL, 100TL, 250TL, 304TL, 450TL and go
from there. At least that is what Bill Orr says about TRIODES in AB2 or
AB1 grid driven service way back in a 1965 CQ article.  I built and ran a
pair of 100TL's on 6M SSB back in 1964 or so. Ran fine, sounded good.  If
I had the desire, which I dont, to build an AB2 grid driven beast today I
would dig into the spec sheets.

Since I have neither the desire or time to play word games I will leave
the design details up to you.

73....Carl  KM1H