[AMPS] 3-600z on the way

wa2moe wa2moe@doitnow.com
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 16:51:24 -0700

At 03:08 PM 6/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
2.  However, in
>the L-4, there is no zener to short out, so there may be a problem.  In
>any event, it should not matter if 600w dissipation tubes are used.  500w
>of dissipation is more than enough for operation at 4kV at 400mA.
>Another 100w of anode dissipation capability will change nothing.
>  Consider that additional cooling air is going to be needed to realize
>100w extra dissipation--except perhaps in the SB-220, which has an
>over-supply of cooling air.
>Rich---
Rich...I'm running an L-4B bought in 1978 with the original tubes.  If I
chaange to the 3-600's I assume I'll get a bit more output.  My question
is, will I have to do anything to the Drake.  There are fans over each tube
pulling air upp through the chimneys and of course the original rear
mounted fan works fine.  The power supply has a fan over each diode bank
and bleeder.
Tnx