[AMPS] Which Amp?

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:57:03 +0000

Hi Rich,

I don't intend to get in a vile nasty name calling session with you.

But you should, since you want to be helpful, try to be more careful
to research what you claim instead of making immature remarks.

Your defense is.....

> If Rich is 'very wrong', then Henry Radio, ETO, Eimac, Commander,
> Ten-Tec, and the rest are also 'very wrong'.
 ........ Look ma,
> everybody's out of step except Tommy!
> Rich---

So because Ten tec, Henry, etc don't neutralize (heath and Gonset do,
so do many commercial amps) you leap to a conclusion
"neutralization must be impossible".

I offered to FAX you a copy of an Eimac article describing how to
neutralize, and why neutralization is sometimes required in a
grounded grid PA. You refused, saying you "didn't want to see it".

It is just as easy to sample a bit of the anode signal, invert phase
180 degrees, and apply that signal to the cathode in a grounded grid
PA as it is in any other PA. Sometimes it is just as necessary.

The article is available, or I'd be happy to explain how it's done,
if you'd like.

73, Tom W8JI