[AMPS] PA Recommendation Wanted

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 11:09:19 -0500

At 11:30 AM 6/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Carl!
>
>Must agree that the AL1200 has proven its potential and performs even in the
>worse of hands, but while the track record of QRO isn't as long as
>Ameritron, I think that QRO is paving its road with a good base of quality
>products.  Have you 'played' with one of the QRO's?  From various reports,
>and personal inspections, the boxes look well done, and Ray Connin (KB8VU)
>seems sincerely focused on delivering quality.
>
>Bests,
>Patrick
>WB9IQI

I agree with Patrick.  Ray is putting out some pretty good gear in my
estimation.  Ray uses his units on 160 meters almost nightly and he is loud
from Ohio to Kansas.  The amp sounds crisp and clean on the RX end.  The
inside of the amp is clean and well constructed.  As far as engineering
design and practices, I wouldn't know.  Features include smooth vernier
and the appropriate meters.  The unit is heavy and well constructed.  The
variables caps are wide spaced.  A lot has not been said about these QRO
amps here on the reflector...and I hope they do not become a target for the
critics and the naysayers.  Ray is providing great service too to his customers.

IMHO

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net