[AMPS] Splatter

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 7 Jun 97 20:29:32 -0700

>On Sat, 7 Jun 97 11:20:32 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>
>>>The FCC used to issue citations for excessive bandwidth, W8LAD (sk)
>>>Carl was the recipient of several  with his G2DAF style amplifier.
>>
>>Say it ain't so, Carl. ...... Seriously, Tom, lots of folks got fooled
>>by the Class C linear folly.  Two of my friends got sucked in.
>
>... ...  My last FCC
>pink slip was in 1955 when my ARRL Handbook 6AG7-6L6 rig was putting out
>more RF on a Canadian Aviation freq on 11.1 MHz than on 80M.

According to the FCC, mine was QRMing 8 - 9 MHz.  You must have used
shorter lead lengths, Carl.

> The idiotic design used an untuned plate in the 6AG7 and just a simple
>Pi in the 6L6 plate. Of course I didnt know even what that meant back
>then ...

   I wonder how many other guys besides us got cited, due to this idiotic
design.

>...but it started a 42 year cycle of not trusting/believing anything
>technical published by the ARRL.

  For me, the last straw was the somewhat less than truthful,
crocodillian 'apology' in the Feb. 1996 issue of QST magazine.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K