[AMPS] splatter

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Tue, 10 Jun 97 08:35:32 -0700

>Hi Peter,
>
>> bias supply. AB2, you do. If you can't guarantee (by Rich's increased
>> bias voltage, ALC, black magic or whatever) NO grid current, I submit
>> that you need a stiff bias supply.
>
>Only a fool would argue with that! Yet many people suggest using NO
>grid regulation.

Is E=I*R  Black Magic?
 With a stiff bias supply, for the same amount of overdrive, you get more
grid current than if the bias supply isn't stiff.  The only tube element
Eimac, Amperex, and Svetlana say needs to be regulated is the screen.

Does it make sense that the IMD products generated by a grid-driven
4-250A would DECREASE as the grid is driven from the AB1 region of zero
grid current into the AB2 region of grid current.?  If this were true,
then it would be "EXACTLY correct" that the G2DAF circuit is pristine
clean.  :)
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K