[AMPS] Heat Paint

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:56:43 +0100

Frank wrote:
>Ian,
>Unfortunately, you will find that its nearly impossible to obtain a
>McMaster-Carr catalog unless you are a high volume customer!

Well, the good news is that Omega Engineering UK sent their enormous US
hardback 'Temperature' catalog by overnight special delivery.

The better news is that they have OMEGALAQ temperature-sensitive lacquer
in a wide range of temperatures, and it can be applied very thinly for
accurate indication.

The best news is that it's only $5.90 for a 2oz bottle.

The absolute bummer is that because the lacquer uses a volatile solvent,
Omega doesn't ship it to the UK at all!

It looks like we'll have to wait until the next time we visit the USA
(probably two years) so that my wife can bring a few bottles back in her
purse as "nail polish".

Meanwhile I guess I'll have to, er, rub along with crayons.

Omega in the USA are on 1-800-TC-OMEGA.