[AMPS] Testing bias supply

Dave Quick dquick@mm.com
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:43:10 -0500

I'm in the process of reviving a Henry/Tempo 2002 2m amp. This is the older
model which
uses two 8874's in grounded grid. It was originally built for 195 MHz and
used in an MRI lab.

I have the input and output rebuilt for 144 MHz, and I have a new set of
tubes for the beast,
but before I fire it up with the filament and HV connected I'd like to test
the bias supply.

The bias comes off the negative side of the HV diode bridge, and is
regulated by a 10 volt
zener.  Stand-by is selected by inserting a 10k resistor into the circuit
before the zener.

Can I test this circuit by simply connecting the output side of the zener
to ground through
a variable resistor and measuring the current and voltage?

Thanks;

Dave Quick WD0EKL
internet: dquick@mm.com
Compuserve: 75526,2656