[AMPS] SB-220

Phil Clements philk5pc@connect.net
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:12:56 -0500

At 10:59 AM 6/19/97 +0000, you wrote:
snip.....
>I know a guy who went through dozens of  3CX1200D7's because he would
>turn his PA OFF after tuning, and between QSO's. It was the only case
>of repeated open filaments I ever saw in that tube. He went through
>one tube every year or so.

That guy chose the wrong tube for his operating style...had he chosen
3-500Z, 3-1000Z, oe 4-1000A, he would still most likely be on his
original set. My comments were strictly limited to the SB-220. All
bets are off on the ceramic tubes. I still step-start my 8877's, even
though not required. My line voltage here is high and stiff!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC