[AMPS] QRO HF2500 x ALPHA89 - some experience [OK1RI]

JAY W STURTEVANT ren22@juno.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:05:46 EDT

On Sun, 22 Jun 97 08:41:32 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>...snip...
>>As I am interested in the HF-2500DX, the problems with tuning on 40
>and 160
>>meters seem serious and fundamental.  I would be interested in any
>comments
>>regarding good and bad points of this amp that this forum could
>provide.
>>Tnx    W8KX
>
>Half of the fun with a new amplifier is fixing design problems.  If
>you
>fix the tank design oversights on 40m and 160m, you will learn
>somethig

..snip...

Rich,
Although your comments certainly contain a great deal of truth, please
consider the perspective of the poor ham that puts their disposable
dollars (tight budget these days) into an amplifier such as the" ??".
Home-brewing and field modifying certainly cause an applied education to
take place, however, the expectations of such an expenditure on the part
of the poor buyer should be included in the magazine ads!

Rich, I have been reading the  postings and learning .  Sincerely thanks.

73s
Jaye AA2IX