[AMPS] AC Power Off!

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:38:31 -1000

At 11:18 PM 6/22/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>Is your TV truly switched off, no power to it at all, when the power switch
>is in the off position, or does it still power the picture tube filaments,
>so that it is "instant on." My Sony TVs all produce a picture within a
>second or two of powering up, because some power is always on for the set.
>
>73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@netcom.com)

Hi Bruce,  Well,  I don't know.  It is a 1980 Sony,  but it takes,
probably 10 to 15 seconds for a picture to come up.  It is a
27",  or whatever they were putting in floor console TV's
in those days.

But the power supply,  solid state electonics,  etc. seem to
be like the little pink rabbit,  just go and go!

Thought I was doing all this other stuff a favor leaving it on
all the time.  Someone said the biggest point of failure in
a PC is head-kissing-a disk at power up,  so leave them on.

Anyway,  lots of opinions on the topic.

73,  Jim, KH7M