[AMPS] Recycling filament

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:38:28 +0000

I have to agree with Peter, I can't imagine a 723 being a "good
choice" for an IC near strong RF fields. I  seriously question the
carte blanche statements about bypassing ("do this, it always
works").

But ignoring all that, why would anyone want to re-start the whole
filament cycle if the power line just faulted for a few seconds?

Cathode temperature would drop at the nearly the same rate as it
takes to rise. If the line totally removed voltage for ten seconds,
it would only require a ten second warm up to be back at full
temperature.

Why recycle the tube for three minutes every time the power line
faults for a second or two? That makes no sense at all, especially if
it's just a quick "brown-out".

73, Tom W8JI