[AMPS] Recycling filament

Bill Turner wrt@eskimo.com
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 02:26:57 GMT

Someone said:

>>Cathode temperature would drop at the nearly the same rate as it
>>takes to rise. If the line totally removed voltage for ten seconds,
>>it would only require a ten second warm up to be back at full
>>temperature.
I don't believe this is correct.  Warm-up or down time is like an RC
time constant curve.  When charging a capacitor, the last few percent
takes much longer than the first few percent.  The reverse holds true
for discharging.  When power is removed, the initial drop rate is much
faster than the later drop rate.  Kind of like your bank account - it
goes out a lot faster than it comes in.

73, Bill W7TI