[AMPS] Re: BIG amps!

Buddy Lumpkin buddyl@wa.net
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 21:15:12 -0700

Hmmmmm,
        I wouldn't think so considering the screen acts more like a throttle and
the grid will actually change your class of service. Could you imagine one tube
conducting about 350 degrees and the other only conductiong 340? Although these
may both draw the same plate current, this is definately not a matched situation.
I would think that a matched pair of tubes and lead lengths all being the same,
it is probably better to allow different power levels at the plates by a small
margin then trying to correct it with grid voltage.
For what its worth
    -- Buddy