[AMPS] Titan

marv h. gonsior w6frmarv@juno.com
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:26:20 PST

Hello All,

Recently, I thought I was close, by memory, to reporting the price of the
new Titan amps.  I found my notes and it is actually $3375 plus shipping
with delivery at the end of this month.  As several commented, to the
effect ,that amp prices are too high,  and it seems like U.S. production
costs may be "over the top!"  It used to be that a dollar a watt was sort
of the rule of thumb but no more!   I  forsee the solid state amps taking
over eventually.  JRC appears to be close to leading the way but I don't
know what their IMD performance is and they don't reply to inquiries of
that nature!

73,

Marv, W6FR