[AMPS] SWR

QROKING@aol.com QROKING@aol.com
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:32:05 -0500 (EST)

Ok, so WC1M thinks that if an accurate signal measurement can be made with
the 1:1 swr antenna  without a tuner verses a 3:1 antenna with a tuner the
signal strength would be equal.  Well I disagree because I  really think that
the reflected power, where ever it goes, since it is reflected it does not
radiate adding to the strenght of the signal, as a full forward power
transfer would on a 1:1 swr antenna, thus cutting back on the ERP, thus
having a weaker signal.  If the reflected  power is radiated by the antenna
(I dont thik it is) it is out of phase with the main power signal, thus not
being added to it for a total power transfer.  Besides if it was true that no
signal degraduation was present as he says, then why do we strive to get an
antenna to resonate (thus 1:1) swr, why even bother?  We can just load up the
door knob with our tuners and forget what the antenna impedence is.  Any
other ideas?