[AMPS] SB220 antenna relay

David B. Ritchie dbr@alumni.caltech.edu
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:49:07 -0800 (PST)

Lots of relays will work -- the one used by Heathkit in the SB220 never
quit on me, but I always viewed it as a weak link.  Why not just go with
a Dow Key, Amphenol or Transco -- these are widely available and bullet
proof and should readily fit in the available space (they generally
require connectors, though).  For a less bullet proof solution, Henry
still makes amps and I recall that they had a similar approach to
Heathkit -- they can be reached at 1-213-820-1234; alternatively, similar
types of relays are available from the standard electronics supply
houses, e.g., Mouser, Jade, and Newark (order a catalog from Newark at
1-800-298-3133 x48 -- its not quite 1500 pages long!).

Anyway -- good luck
Dave N7UE

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Chris Pedder wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> A friend of mine, very much an old timer and not on this mode, is looking
> for an antenna relay for his SB220. He tells me that he has had no joy
> getting one in UK and I wondered whether there was anyone on this reflector
> who could point him, through me, in the right direction?
>
> 73,
>
> Chris

> Chris Pedder     G3VBL/8P9EM
> E-mail           g3vbl@netcomuk.co.uk
> AX25-mail        g3vbl@gb7bnm.#45.gbr.eu
> DX-Cluster       g3vbl > gb7dxd

David B. Ritchie, Esq.
D'Alessandro & Ritchie, P.C. -- Intellectual Property Lawyers
3521 E. Yorkshire Road, Pasadena, CA  91107-5432
818-683-8800 (TEL)   818-683-8900 (FAX)   dbr@alumni.caltech.edu