[AMPS] Re: Ameritron/MFJ Reflector

Brian K. Short KE7GH ke7gh@primenet.com
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 05:18:05 +0000

Bill et al,

Sorry to hear about your negative experiences.  Perhaps yours was
built on a Monday morning and by a pink elephant?

Other than an initial problem with TR relay contact alignment, mine
has performed flawlessly and at QRO levels on RTTY.  I usually back
down to 1kw out on RTTY for long term contest operation.

I have never tried 160m RTTY, but I did run full legal limit in the
ARRL 160m CW contest and had not a problem one (1st AZ multi, too).

I really wasn't soliciting amplifier comments at this time, but was
merely asking if there is an MFJ/Ameritron reflector...will keep the
ones supplied on file, though, for reference.

Good luck with the 8877 amplifier, but I like my 3cx1200 just fine:
takes a bit more drive, but no grid fragility problems, and impossible
to overdrive with my FT-1000mp.

MY current "homebrew" project is a NorCal Sierra multi-band 3w CW HF
rig for camping and portable/battery operation, BTW.

73, Brian ke7gh@qsl.net

At 03:07 AM 3/25/97 GMT, Bill Turner wrote:
>Ok, you've hit my hot button.  I have an Ameritron AL-1200 which I
>would rate as a fair piece of gear, but with some caveats:

...snip...

Brian ke7gh@primenet.com >or< http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh