[AMPS] Amps

W6TG@aol.com W6TG@aol.com
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 03:58:11 -0500 (EST)

<< I am building an 8877, and would be interested in getting my hands on some
 good tank ckt inductors ... like you describe above. Are those mentioned
 above available anywhere? Does the reference to N6UR refer to a builder,
 designer, or both?

 Thanks for the post!

 Dennis, K7FL

Dennis,
The 3/8" copper tubing that I used I bought at Lumberjack. Wound my own coils
and then silver plated them as per the info in an old handbook. The edgewound
inductors are pretty costly new...around $ 200.00 but I have found them used
once in a while out of old broadcast antenna tuning units. I would like to
think of myself as somewhat of a designer but I really enjoy building amps
when I can find the time.
Good Luck,

Terry - W6TG (ex N6UR)