[AMPS] 77DX

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 29 Mar 97 18:45:52 -0800

not any more. I never had much call for the smaller chokes.
>......so I can use
>the rig on the 24MHz ...........
The stock choke will work provided you remove some turns.  Check it with
a dipper before you give it the smoke test.  Resonances should be parked
at least 5% off the main road.
>PS Same question in using the SB-220 on 12Mtrs/24MHz?
There are no hv-rfc resonances below 35Mhz, so no mod is needed.

Free unsolicited advice for the 77:  The tank is designed to match 2000
ohms.  When a second tube is installed, the tube output Z drops to 1000
ohms.  The 77's tri-state bias scheme is nutsville.  If you want the 77
to sound smooth on the air, a bi-state bias circuit is needed.

R. L. Measures,ag6k,805-386-3734