[AMPS] Amp supply experts... LK-800-ISM???

Sean McCarthy mccarths@lcm.macomb.lib.mi.us
Thu, 1 May 1997 23:19:08 +0000

Hi all,

Just received an unusual variation of the LK-800 and thought I'd tap
the collective knowledge of the reflector.
It is an LK-800-ISM, apparently custom made for the military.

Differences I've found so far include:
- 17 position bandswitch / general coverage.
- H/L "air" switch converted to fixed or rf derived ALC, brought out to
  a jac on the back.
- AC interlock swith
- 220VAC running into the RF deck. 220 to the transformer run out on
the same cable that brings HVAC back into the deck.

This unit runs the PeterDahl LK-800-EXT HI/LO external transformer,
run with only the 2135V tap available.

Can anyone help me with documentation or information about this unit?
Automatic lock out is always "active" and the ALO board doesn't match
the one in my documentation.
Also, with the specified transformer, would this be a "TNY" class LK?

Thanks,
Sean WX8L