[AMPS] Issue about the repeat information.

Skip mays@indigo.ucdavis.edu
Mon, 5 May 1997 15:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

I must get on to beat the drum and thank Rich for reposting his
information whenever it applies. As a relative newcomer here, I haven't
seen much of any of these posts before and I'm building a nice file that
I can weed through all the information at my own pace.

There has been much mis-information posted about facts related to the
parasitic problems in amplifiers by "experts". These experts tried to
squash valid information from publication. So all of their bathwater has yet
to go down the drain.

I've heard about QRO mod kit that killed an amateur operator sold by
Rich. I asked Rich about it and his reply was straight forward and made
sense. Instead of using information from others, I went straight to the
source for the facts.
There are Hams killed each year for putting up antennas which fall into
power lines. Others for having mics in their face while driving cars.
This does not make it the antenna or tranceiver mfgrs fault.

Ken, I can understand your point, but I use the delete key a lot now
myself. Better to have the post go by than not at all. I just try and
rise above the ego noise level to get what I'm looking for.

This type of complaint happens on all the unmoderated newgroups I
subscribe to. It's a fact of life that will continue like radio moscow on
40 meters.

I want to thank everyone for their information and help answering my
questions here and direct.

I would like to ask if some of you would post your opinions on the actual
use of the QSK board in the Heath SB-1000 or Ameritron amps... or any qsk
board as a general rule.

Does the preformance of the amp change much?
(one direct email reply mentions less heat, reduced duty cycle?)

Is it a cost effective addtion if the amp is already assembled?

Is the ARRL unit in an older handbook a similar or popular design.

A quick mention of practical parts sources would be a big help.

Last but not least, per my request a few of you emailed the address and
phone number for Jennings where they've offered to send me a catalog. If
you'd like that address, please let me know and I'll forward it along.

So are you asleep yet...

Cheers

Skip May   WV6F