[AMPS] Ameritron Al-811H

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 5 May 97 22:07:36 -0800

>At 06:06 PM 5/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> There is nothing new or revolutionary about making VHF suppressors from
>>resistance-wire.  Mr. F. E. Handy wrote about it in the 1926 Edition of
>>*The Radio Amateur's Handbook*.  However, "recognized experts" Dick
>>Erhorn and Tom Rauch ridiculed the idea.
>>Rich---

>You were doing great until the last sentence in the above paragraph. Why
>did you have to add it?
Because it is history, John.  Erhorn's statement is in Chapter 13 in the
1995, 1996 and 1997 ARRL Handbook.  Rauch's statements are in the Sept.
1994 issue of QST magazine.  The bottom-line is that Handy turned out to
be right and the modern "experts" weren't.
>It is statements like this that are leading me to
>hit the delete key when I see a post from <measures@vc.net>. You have a
>lot to contribute but your turning me off and maybe more people like  me.
>
>73..de John/K4WJ
 Maybe you need an E-mailer app. with an unpleasant-history filter?

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K