[AMPS] Collins 30L-1 resistor purpose.

Chuck (Jack) Hawley c-hawley@uiuc.edu
Tue, 13 May 1997 14:38:54 -0500

Skip wrote:

> My old room mate, the late Alan McCarthy (AA6GM) bought a video from a
> guy back in the midwest who is a Collins repair person. One of the few
> factory auth from what I understand. I'm sorry, I've lost his name and
> callsign.
>
> The video Alan purchased was for the repair of Collins 30L-1 amplifiers.
> I'm told there is a set of videos for the majority of the Collins amateur
> line.

snip

> If any of you would pass along the Name of the guy doing the videos, it
> would be nice to know again.
> My Jennings catalog arrived yesterday, worth the phone call.

The videos are done by Floyd Soo, HIRES Inc., W8RO.
Phone # 810-391-6660
His email is hires@rust.net
His web page is http://www.rust.net/~hires/

He also sells a neat little peak detector kit to convert 312b4 and other
average reading meters to also read peak.

73, Chuck.

Charles (Jack) Hawley Jr.
Amateur Radio: Chuck, KE9UW
BMW Motorcycles: Jack, BMWMOA #224