[AMPS] emission

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 14 May 97 19:04:58 -0700

(Mr. Rauch)
>......... Let's share knowledge,
Does Mr. Rauch really want to share knowledge?  He has seemingly ignored
the information that the pulse-rated version of Eimac's 8877 is rated at
repetitive 50A, 10 uS pulses of emission, and produces  893 mA of
emission per watt of heater power.  On a one shot burst, I'll bet it
would do at least 75A.
 According to the fusing ratings of copper wire, it would take about a
15A pulse of current to melt the copper wire in a SB-220's or TL-922's 1A
grid  choke.  Mr. Rauch says the cathode can't do it, and that the
current comes from internal gas that apparently vanishes after the
'big-bang'.
It seems that Mr. Rauch wants to share knowledge that does not question
his "expert" assertions.
>instead of insults. I'm on this forum to learn and help, not to
>argue and insult.
What would you call that thing about my secretary?
>I'm sure we both have enough to do without arguing
>or implying someone else has a character flaw.
 Impared reality, a character flaw?

>73, Tom W8JI
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K