[AMPS] SB-220 Noisy Fan and want Standby control

Jay Musikar af2c@computer.net
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:28:47 -0400

Hi Wendell -

The noise you are hearing is probably the nylon/plasting fan hitting the
back of the amp.  What happens is that the fan blade loosens on the shaft.
Reseat the fan on the shaft and then find a way to keep it from moving
again.  Best bet is to check it every time you clean the amp.

The switch (a small low current switch) can be mounted where the Heath
emblem is located. Just use it to switch the B+ on the relay.  Makes a good
standby switch.

73,
Jay