[AMPS] amps

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 23 May 97 08:24:10 -0700

>rich,i put a 10 ohm 10watt res in the the b+ lead.

10 ohms at 10w is ok for up to about 2800v.
  IMO, the fault (glitch) current should be limited to about 200A.  At
5kV, that's 25 ohms.  I would try using a 25-ohm, 100w rated
non-adjustable, glass-coated unit.  A Cesiwid Corp. energy absorbing R
would be better, but at only 5kV, the garden-variety resistor should work
okay and save money.  However, if glass blows off the 100w glass-coated
resistor during a glitch, an energy absorbing R is the way to go.

>I also put fuses 1 amp like use to be in the old kws 1. after the diodes

If these fuses are rated at 5kV, they will act like fuses.  however, if
they are rated at 250 volts, they will not act like fuses.

Have you discovered any damage to the grid-current metering circuit after
a glitch?

>.......else but dust or something.  we will see.   thanks Bill k5py

Dust seems unlikely to me because you have had two failures.  Dust
breakdown typically leaves a hard-to-miss carbon-path.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K