[AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?

Patrick Croft mai@iquest.net
Tue, 27 May 1997 19:37:51 -0400 (EDT)

The need of equalizing resistors and spike caps due to diode manufacturing
variations pasted almost two decades ago.  Old habits are slow to die.
There is various types of the diode stacks, and in industry many SEMICON or
ITT brands have been in service for years.  The smaller stacks/blocks made
for consumer markets(ie:microwave ovens) aren't made to the same tolerences
nor do they have near the surge and peak ratings. General conversation often
finds people mixing facts between these different products since they are
doing same basic task, but with much different 'headroom'.  The industrial
grade also leave your wallet much lighter....

Patrick
WB9IQI